Why a scarf should be part of your travel uniform (keep one in your car too!)
I recently took a long weekend trip to Breckenridge and was so happy I remembered to throw a scarf into my bag!
We traveled lots when living in Asia for 6 years and I'd always have a scarf in my carry-on. You just never know:
- how cold the plane is going to be
- how much the uber driver loves the AC
- it might be culturally appropriate to cover your shoulders
- sudden change of weather and now you're cold
- if you've gotten a sunburn and want to protect your décolletage/shoulders (lightweight cottons scarves are perfect for this!)
Now with a toddler in tow, I almost left my Jubilee scarf behind. There is so much to pack and keep up with and domestic flights here in the US can be ridiculously restrictive on how much you can carry-on. And the kiddo's entertainment and snacks take precedence over anything mama might want to bring, right?
Thankfully, I did bring it this time and even though I didn't use it for myself on the plane (I used it to cover the little one while she napped) I did need it in the mountains for sure. And actually I've been really happy to have a scarf on hand several other times for various mom reasons:
- I've used the Seismic scarf before as a nursing cover (just tie the ends behind your neck).
- Fold up a scarf for a makeshift pillow to prop up a kid's neck in their car seat.
- Add it to your ensemble after toddler has grimed the front of your shirt with food. (I did this many times when she was still a baby and had spit up on my shirt but I really needed to run into a store and didn't want to look completely unkept.)
- Playing peek-a-boo while waiting interminably for some mode of transit / food to arrive at a restaurant.
Best of all - each of our scarves comes in this cute little pouch that I designed. Keeps your scarf from spreading throughout your things in your travel bag AND keeps the scarf from getting snagged on things like hairbrush, zippers, etc. Check out the entire scarf range, whether cashmere, silk, or cotton, I'm sure there's something you'll want to have on hand for your next getaway!